Lake Country Pastel Society Exhibit at Minnetonka Art Center
April 13 - May 11
The Minnetonka Center for the Arts (MCFTA) has graciously provided their space for our spring show. Please be sure to check out the Prospectus on line (through this link) and get your entries in to Michelle Wegler along with the entry fee postmarked no later than February 22, 2017. If you have not renewed your LCPS membership yet, annual dues must be sent to Karen Berning postmarked no later than February 22, 2017 to be eligible. Some of the important features of the show are as follows:
1. Frederick Somers is the judge to accept entries. Please follow digital guidelines for labeling images and image size when submitting to Fred. Entries to Fred are being accepted now. Fred will also be Juror of the show.
2. Up to five (5) images may be submitted to Fred. Payment of $30.00 (flat entry fee, 1-5 images) with a completed Prospectus form should be sent to Michelle Wegler first. Before you send the form, make a duplicate copy of the Entry Labels on the back of the Prospectus form to affix to the back of each accepted entry at the time of Drop-off at MCFTA. Artists will be notified of accepted entries no later than March 25th, 2017.
3. Drop off at the MCFTA is Saturday April 8, 2017; 10 AM - 2 PM. Artists submitting for drop-off will be required to sign a W-9 Contract Form provided by the MCFTA.
4. Awards Reception is Thursday evening, April 20, 2017, hosted by the MCFTA; time to be determined.
5. Pickup at the MCFTA is Saturday May 13, 2017; 10 AM - 2 PM.
6. All paintings must be for sale, and must remain in the gallery for the duration of the show. The MCFTA will cover insurance.
7. The MCFTA will charge a 40% commission on sold paintings for MCFTA Members, and 50% commission on sold paintings for non-members of the MCFTA. No other fees are charged to LCPS or Artists other than a commission on sold paintings.
We are excited about this show and are hoping for a good turnout! Start painting and get those entries in!!
Lake Country Pastel Society Stillwater Show
A huge thanks to all who participated in our Stillwater Show! We had 22 artists participate and 42 pieces of art in the gallery and we received many positive comments about our show.
Congratulations to Fred Somers, who won the People’s Choice Award, with his pastel “Where You Ought to Be”.
A special thanks to our many volunteers who planned the show, helped at the reception, and worked with hanging and taking down the show. It was great to see such a strong and vibrant collection of pastels at the gallery!
Award Winners for the 2016 Hopkins Center Exhibit
Gary Carabio Best of Show for "Draught Horse"
Lisa Stauffer First Place for "A Certain Symmetry"
Jo Nelson Second Place for "Workshop"
Sher Leksen Third Place for "Superior"
Connie Ludwig Merit Award for "A Walk in Bob's Woods"
Karen Berning Honorable Mention Award for "Used Freight"
MaryAnn Cleary Honorable Mention Award for "Spirit of the Rum River"
Pat Duncan People's Choice Award for "Graceful Presence"
Award Winners for the 2015 Red Wing Exhibit
Fred Somers Best of Show for "Radiant Laced Waters"
Lisa Stauffer First Place for "Blue Belle"
Carol Pruchnofski Second Place for "Tranquility"
Cynthia Kath Third Place for "River Valley Evening"
Jo Nelson Merit Award for "The Barnyard"
Mary Ann Cleary Merit Award for "Mystical Forest"
Michelle Wegler Honorable Mention Award for "Summer Skies"
Connie Ludwig Honorable Mention Award for "Warm Kitty Soft Kitty"
Kami Johnson Honorable Mention Award for "Stony Play Station"